Last updated: December 18, 2018
1. Types of Information Gathered about Users
Yoga By Allison Inc. (“we” or “Yoga By Allison”) appreciates that you care how information about you is used and shared. The information we gather about Users of the website located at www.yogabyallison.com (“Site”) enables us to provide you with services and products and helps us to personalize and improve our services (“Services”). Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and may store any information you enter on the Site or provide us in any way. For example, you provide us with information when you complete the forms on this Site, register for a retreat or session with Yoga By Allison, submit an inquiry, or interact with the Site in other ways. We may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, such as your name, email address, phone number, and mailing address and, for retreats, more detailed information, such as dietary preferences, health conditions, yoga preferences, and more. Some of the information we ask you to provide is mandatory and some may be optional. If you do not provide the mandatory information requested for a particular activity, you will not be permitted to participate in that activity.
- Information on Facebook®, Instagram®, and Social Media: If you link through, to, or otherwise interact with our Site through Facebook, Instagram, or other social media account, you may also provide us with information from your social media account.
- Information from Other Sources: We may combine information you provide us with information from third parties to correct our records, personalize your experience, or enhance our services. This may include, but is not limited to, information from our Third-Party Service Providers.
2. How Yoga By Allison Shares the Information It Receives
Information about our Users is a critical part of our business. We will not sell your personally identifiable information to others, but we may share User information with others in the following ways:
- With Retreat Properties: If you register for a Yoga By Allison retreat, some of your personally identifiable information will be shared with the retreat property so that property can accommodate you on the retreat.
- With Other Websites: Our Site may include links to other websites. When you access these links, you may be directed away from our Site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements. You may obtain useful information about Internet advertising companies, including how to opt out of their information collection, by contacting the Networking Advertising Initiative at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
3. Security of Your Information
When Yoga By Allison collects and stores your personally identifiable information as outlined above, it is stored through a cloud service. You acknowledge that, even with reasonable security measures in place, third parties might unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. It is also important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your computer, secure your password, and sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
4. Managing Your Information
You have options for managing your personally identifiable information on Yoga By Allison
- We will not send you third party promotional emails without your permission. As a condition of agreeing to these Terms, however, you agree to receive from us promotional and administrative emails related to your activity on our Site or to our programs, including announcements about new features or changes to the Site or our programs.
- If you no longer want to use the Site, you may ask us to stop sending you promotional emails by contacting us through the contact form on the Site. Your personal information may remain in our historical records, but you will no longer receive emails from us about new features or changes to the Site or our programs unless you begin using the Site again.
- Please note that, because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
5. General Data Protection Regulation
If you are from the European Economic Area, you may be a “data subject” and the following may be applicable to you. To the extent European Union General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) regarding the processing of your personal data (“Personal Data”) applies to us, under certain circumstances we may be considered a “data controller.” Personal Data includes your name, address, email address, telephone number, credit card information, health concerns, yoga preferences, and geolocation, some of which we may collect and process and some of which may be collected and processed by Third-Party Service Providers. These Third-Party Service Providers may be considered “data controllers” in their own right, and you should review their privacy policies. Please see above for information about our Third-Party Service Providers.
We process your Personal Data only as necessary to offer and provide Services to you. Our legal basis for processing includes:
- Providing you with information about Services we offer.
- Coordinating our yoga retreats.
- Complying with legal requirements.
- Managing and improving our Site and our relationship with you.
We will retain your Personal Data only for so long as reasonably necessary to provide Services to you and offer additional services. We also retain your Personal Data for the time necessary to meet legal requirements and any applicable statute of limitations. Because we are in the United States, your Personal Data for which we may be considered the data controller will be transferred to the United States.
Depending upon the laws applicable to you, the following rights may apply:
- You have the right to object to our processing your Personal Data and, upon receiving such notice, we will stop processing your data, which may mean we cannot provide our content to you.
- You may restrict our processing your Personal Data.
- You may ask to update your Personal Data on a going-forward basis.
- You may request a copy of your Personal Data that we have stored and maintained.
- You may request that your Personal Data be deleted, but some Personal Data may not be deleted for legitimate legal reasons.
- You may request that your Personal Data be transferred to another party.
If you ask to exercise any of the above rights, you must send the request to Yoga By Allison Site Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request as soon as possible.
6. Children’s Privacy Issues
We do not knowingly collect information from anyone under the age of 13 unless such information is provided by a parent because the child is accompanying the parent on an authorized Yoga By Allison retreat. If you are aware of any instance where we have collected information from or about someone under the age of 13 other than as provided by that child’s parent, please inform us immediately.
8. Contacting Us